Intake manifold removal

Hey all,

I plan to remove my intake manifold (1.8 16v) at some point in
the near future to clean it and my (very dirty) valve cover.  While
it's out I plan to replace my injector O-rings, which should be
much easier without those manifold runners in the way.

So before I did this, I thought I'd ask 1) any special advice on
removing the manifold (it seems straightforward enough), and
2) any other maintenance I should do which would be a lot
easier with it removed?

Thanks!

-tim