Fwd: RE: MK1 light transfer

> this is just a quickie post (quick and easy, the way I like it) to ask
> the experts (you know who you are) that the grille and entire front
> bit (lights too) of an MK1 can be put on an MK2 ('82 Roc) with fairly
> little hassle.

no.  i wish....

> Or if anyone's done this and has any pics or maybe
> even instructions, be great to know.  THanks

people have done it, but it requires cutting and welding.

chris
86 16V scirocco

This has been done (you can see one by clicking on the home page button (Dirk's) from my web page below.

This is an extensive mod IMHO (one that I want!) - the main problem is that while the MK1 grill/lights are perpendicular to the center line of the car, the MK2 grill/headlights are swept back a little from the center.

I have spent some time with Kristen's MK1 and my Mk2 side by side pondering this.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT