Re: Mk1 bumper shock drilling

Hello,

>I drilled the bumper shocks on my 86, but now I'm all
>paranoid whenever I park or driving. I feel now that
>there's nothing protecting the front of my car, and if
>someone taps your or you tap them, might dent in your
>fenders or crack your headlights. Don't get me wrong,
>it looks cool, but I'm a paranoid fruit!

you have to trust a bit more in german engineering !

we have no shocks here in our bumpers (for this reason
bumper-drilling is not as popular here ) but in spite of this
we don't fear driving our Roc's

an Euro bumper can survive smaller crashes too.
some listers may remember that I totalled an Audi last summer
in an accident without damage to my  Scirocco.

: flameproof suit on :
maybe its true that some people overseas
have the need to be triple protected or more...

so get rid off your fear, be a man and drive your Rocco !
( and if you should have a crash, you know where to get your Euros :-)

greetings
Dirk