Re: heel-n-toe

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 11:24:14PM -0800, Jorel Jackson wrote:

> Shawn brought up the heel/toe technique in response to a post about down
> shifting. I've been aware of this manuver for years. I've read about it,
> and have even tried it. I think it takes more practice. Still no one has
> ever described it very well to me. Could someone describe the correct
> method and when you use it? I have tried it on twisty roads when there
> is no one around, except for that cop one time.

For me, the most important thing was oversized pedal covers. You use
heel-and-toe when you want to downshift while brakeing. what you do is
brake with the left side of your right foot, like where the big toe
connects to the foot. Then push in the clutch, take the car out of gear,
and rock your right foot so the right side of it blips the throttle about
1000 RPM higher, without letting up on brakeing pressure. Put the
gearshift in the nexxt lower gear, and release the clutch.

Dan