Re: Scirocco at v_max - was : Porsche death in Toronto ...

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression - I wasn't coming out in favour of
outside lane driving.  I was thinking more about the scenario where it
is two lane carriageway, you pull out to overtake two or three cars in a
line, say at 80mph.  It's not going to take long for someone who was out
of range to catch-up if they are doing 130+ ( slightly more realistic
speed!) and you have nowhere to go! I just think that drivers of
high-performance cars sometimes forget that most cars on the road need a
lot more time to do things.  I have a shot of my in-law's 1.0l Fiat
occasionally and boy is that slow!

Cheers,

Ewan Hopkins

<ewanhopkins@hotmail.com>