Re: Electrical Gremlins

This sounds like standard fusebox problems.. I've got the same thing on my
rocco.. The connections on the back of the fuse box (connector A or 1
usually) get rusted from a leaky window or just old and burned from a power
input right near there. Potterman knows a lot about this, check w/ him.
I've had problems w/ brake lights before that were traced to this, also my
parking lights.
wiggle the wires at the back left side of the fusebox as a preliminary check

At 07:42 PM 3/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>     I've developed a problem with my 81 Rocco.  First off, the wipers
>no longer work.  I hit them straight with 12V and they appear to be
>working fine.  I don't think the switch is screwed up, but it could be
>a possibility... also, at the same time, the signals and brake lights
>went kinda funny on me they only work occasionally (the car is garaged
>for the winter but I start it occassionally to run it... mostly cause
>I can't stand being away from it).  I've been told that my X-relay is
>gone... I've never heard of both the signals and the wipers being
>relayed at the same place... doesn't make sense to me.  The guy was a
>VW mechanic, which makes me think he knows what he's talking about.
>What do you guys think?  What to do to fix?
>BTW, several people have been talking about running city lights, what
>exactly are these?  I'm sorry, but I'm stupid...  LATER!
>

>==
>                          Steve
>                          '81 Scirocco (in process)
>                          '94 Golf CL (all show, no...)