Re: Sick rocco mystery solved

Jonas Karlsson wrote:

> Thanks to all those that responded with tips/suggestions.
>
> It however was none of those suggested problems.
>
> So what was the problem?
>
> get ready for this...
>
> the spark plugs!!!
>
> Apparently the fancy scmancy Bosch Platinum +4 plugs (at $6 a pop, mind
> you) don't work well in my car. ND put in the *right* kind and now it
> runs fine.
>
> @(#*&$!!  Oh well, at least it runs and it didn't cost me thousands as I
> was fearing.
>
> Jonas
> 85 scirocco, sick no more.

Good, good, good,

There is this guy on the water-cooled newsgroups; Randy Waters, and of

the three things I hear him testify to, Bosch Platinums are one of them.

(Metal master pads and having a front sway bar are the other two.:)

Seems they are rocket science but not necessarily tough enough. Did you

find out spec. _why_ they failed? Problem with the central tower?

I have the triple electrode stockers in the 1.8 now, I'm leaning towards

the silbers for the upcoming tune up.

TBerk