Re: 16V's 1.8-2.0 conversion questions

At 06:03 PM 2/28/99 -0500, JLuk77@aol.com wrote:
>I am about to go and do a conversion to the 2.0 16v.  I got it out of a gti
>with 74k on the odometer and I am looking for suggestions on doing the swap.
>Right now I am planning on going with the old jetronic fuel injection
>management, but if there are any major advantages to the motronic brains I
>have them from the other car.

Well, it is chippable, but I don't know if it's still worth it to swap it in.

 I am also replacing the engine mounts while I am
>there, and timing belt, tranny seals, rear main seal CV boots.... anything
I'm
>missing?

I'm doing this now too.  I got new seals for the intermediate shaft and
front(or outside) crankshaft seal, in addition to the rear main.  I also
got new head bolts, flywheel bolts and you'll definately need(well you
should) new pressure plate bolts.  I also went with all new motor mounts,
tt front and VW motorsprt rear-sides stock, because it's all apart now.
Good luck.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)