RE: Re: Sick rocco mystery solved

T Berk wrote:

>Seems they are rocket science but not necessarily tough enough.
>Did you find out spec. _why_ they failed? Problem with the central
tower?

Nope,  I have no idea why they failed. There are no obvious signs of
failure (cracks, deposits, etc.), and only the #2 cylinder was misfiring
(according to the write-up from ND). I asked Ron (the mech/tech at ND),
and he said they just don't work in my car.

He put in the triple electrode plugs, and the misfire just disappeared.

So, figure the headgasket set, bolts, service at ND, and other misc.
parts, the $250 spent easily puts them at the most expensive spark plugs
ever.  :-)

Jonas  -trying to laugh about this
85 Scirocco