RE: Cold start and TT fuel enrichment

the TT fuel enrichment works by interrupting the signal from the temp sensor
to fool the FI into thinking the car is cold, thus enriching the mixture.  i
could see that as related to your cold start problem.  check the connection
at the temp sensor and check for continuity of the wires (test light or ohm
meter) between the temp sensor and the TT module, and then wherever the TT
hooks up to.  if there is a bad connection in the TT module circuit, it may
interrupt the signal from the temp sensor entirely, so your FI brain doesn't
know what temp the engine is.

chris
86 16V scirocco