RE: weighted shifter

this is done by adding weight to the rod that's connected to the lever on
the tranny.  it's the rod that moves the lever back and forth.  if you have
access to a welder, just weld a nice piece of steel on it (say 1 inch around
and 6 or 7 inches long).  if you don't, just do what i did.  i got two
pieces of steel and duct taped them tightly on the rod, then put 2 or 3 hose
clamps on top of that.  try it, you'll like it!

chris
86 16V scirocco