Re: VW part numbers needed.

Verne,  if your comparing 16v GTI/GLI to 16v ROC then yes they
are the same.  If your talking 8v to 16v then the difference is the 8v
pistons is they have a very shallow offset dish & the 16v pistons
are flat except for the notch in the front of the piston for intake valve
clearence.

HTH
Potterman

>     Hey all. Is it possible for someone to supply me with stock part
>     numbers on a set of pistons. I need to compare to see if the A2
>     GTI/GLI 10:1 pistons are the same part number as the 16v Roc 10:1
>     pistons. Could save me buying what I already have. I want a set to put
>     into my JH block to start my rebuild. If they are different numbers
>     then I need pistons....if not, WOOOOOHOOO !!! If they are
>     different.....then I will have a 1.8 16v Roc stock shortblock for
>     sale. Offers are accepted at this time.
>
>        Verne :
>      '84 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
>      '91 Passat GL (Wife's car)
>      '97 Norco Lobos Comp (Full-susp)
>      '89 Wicked Fat Chance...gone but not forgotten.
>      '93 Scott Boulder
>      http://www.skyia.com/~vwman/h2ovw.htm     <---my car and general pics
>      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2830/   <---A1 pics only
>      !!!!

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman
virtualworld@earthlink.net
http://www.parts4vws.com
(714)663-2434
Check out the GTI-VR6 racing team/One Lap of America
www.menox.com/onelap & www.onelapofamerica.com