Re: [HowTo] Power Windows & Locks

>Every day since I had my new Ungo installed I've been wanting to use those
>extra function buttons -- but sadly the 1980 has little to show for
>electrical conveniences. I am wondering how hard a job it is to install door
>lock actuators and aftermarket power window kits? Can I simply find the
>parts at the local pickNpull and x-plant them into the doors? Or should I
>buy new kits and have them done professionally? What price am I looking at?
>
>I am hoping you guys have done this before?
>
>"Cranky",
>  Pete Jacobsen

I think a set of power lock actuators from http://www.partsexpress.com
will do you nicely.  I used one of them when I added keyless entry
to my 16v, in _addition_ to the power locks.  That way, I only had
to add a single actuator to the drivers side door, and the factory
power system takes care of all the other locks.  Without the factory
system in your car, you'll need one for each door.  The two wire
units have fewer wires to run, but are more painful to wire up to
your alarm as they require two relays to allow the alarm system to
reverse the polarity.  In my opinion, three wire actuator will wire
up easier.  Good luck!

==Brett