RE: AC ramoval WAS:hot days in the valley/starting problems

Alex Ting wrote:

>was I an idiot for taking my AC out? (don't answer, rhetorical
>question)

Rhetorical questions have answers too!!

No you were not an ididot for taking out the AC.  The only thing that
should have been affected is your comfort level. It sound like you are
more worried about the abuse your car is taking in the heat. Having the
AC there would only tempt you to use it, and then you would really be
punishing your engine. Taking it out, you cleared a path for air to the
radiator, as well as reducing weight. I think your car is thanking you
for sacrificing comfort so that it could live easier.

while typing that I just thought of something. When removing the AC
condenser, were there big spaces on either side of the radiator for air
to flow by? That could be causing problems, in that a bunch of air is
going around the radiator instead of through it. I think Meze made a
"baffle" to stop the air flowing around his radiator. I belive he said
that temps dropped afterward. dunno, ask him.

anyway, HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco