Re: euro bumper trim??

> Trim?  What trim?  Mine don't have any either.. I don't think I've
> ever seen any??
>
> -kc-
> '86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0
> '99 GTI GLX

I've never seen any bumpers without the trim. It is a rounded strip that
fits into a slot in the face of the bumper along the top edge. If you've
never seen one taken out, you'd think that it was actually molded as part
of the rest of the bumper, but it isn't. On my 16v's original US painted
bumpers, they're black (the rest of the bumper is red), but I think
someone mentioned that they used to be chrome on older 8v's. Anyway, the
euro bumpers have the same strip, but it doesn't always come with the
bumper.

Neal