Fwd: Re: euro bumper trim??

I've never seen any bumpers without the trim. It is a rounded strip that fits into a slot in the face of the bumper along the top edge. If you've never seen one taken out, you'd think that it was actually molded as part of the rest of the bumper, but it isn't. On my 16v's original US painted bumpers, they're black (the rest of the bumper is red), but I think someone mentioned that they used to be chrome on older 8v's. Anyway, the euro bumpers have the same strip, but it doesn't always come with the bumper.

Neal
======
The euro's on my '82 have this strip in chrome. They are from an 8V.

It is very similar to the strip on the 1985-early 1990 A2 US bumpers (which is red on the GT/GTI/GLI models).

---- End Included Message ----

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Previous Sciroccos: 1975 (2), 1981 S (1), 1980 S (1)