Fuel Problems

Dear All,

I've only just joined and this is my first post, so apologies if this
subject has been covered before. I have a 1987 scirocco which keeps
hesitating/cutting out when the fuel level is below half way  - The
fuel strainer seems to be clogging up all the time with bits of rust
from the filler neck - Is there any way to cure this without having
to replace the fuel tank - I am on a restricted budget!

If there are any list members in England, I would be pleased to hear
from them!

Best Wishes
Ian Jones

Dept. of Tourism and Leisure