Re: thinner head gaskets/ 16v cams

How'd you make 185hp on a 2.0l motor -especially with a mild cam like the euro intake? That's a lot of cojones! Do you remember your parts list and build tricks? What was *your* powerband like (i.e. horsepower/torque at specific rpms). And, most importantly, how do you know what the power figure came to in the first place?

Joshua J Murray wrote:

Two things, we've run the Euro intake on 185hp 2.0l and it worked great. Better cams exist but for the money and the results we were quite satisfied. Secondly the Autotech cams work pretty well that's a given. What I would suggest is that you keep in mind they don't mention at what RPM they make 12 ft lbs or 16hp. 7k, 8k, 9k......? Dunno for sure because they don't say. Those power gains could be well beyond the normal rev range of the motor. Maybe it's 50hp at 8k instead of 34hp. Best of luck
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut