[tech] GTI Voltmeter

Hey all,
	Claudia (my '84 GTI) 's voltmeter is a bit funky. It was reading 10v
when the car was running, so I relayed the guage, using terminal 15 as a
switch, directly to the battery because I wanted it to read right. No go.
When I measure the voltage across the terminals of the guage with a
multimeter, I get 13.2v (which is EXACTLY the same as the voltage at the
battery, not even a .1v drop), but the guage still reads 10.2v or so. Do
I need to go to a boneyard and pick up another guage (my local junkyard
has like 5 Rabbit GTI's), or is there something else I should know?
	I also thought it was interesting that most of the terminal 15 circuit
is continuous to ground... through various devices, I guess? Seems a
little odd to me, but I'm not an electronics wizard, and everything works
pretty much right.
	Thanks,
	Josiah
	'84 GTI (present daily driver)