Re: SV: Rear caliper rebuild

I've resealed my rear calipers.  When I did that I just made sure the
e-brake rod was clean and well lubricated, no problems yet.

Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:           	Michael Leach <scirocco16v_1@yahoo.com>
Subject:        	Re: SV: Rear caliper rebuild
To:             	Roland Johansson <scirocco@mail.bip.net>,
       	Joshua Strait <joshua13s@hotmail.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org

> Hey I got rebuilt calipers with lifetime warranty for 60$ a
> piece....you may have to replace them but it will be free!!!!!
>
> --- Roland Johansson <scirocco@mail.bip.net> wrote:
> > The corrado calipers are identical. Different
> > dimension on the piston is the only difference. They
> > have the same problems.
> >
> > By the way, the calipers I rebuilt where either
> > Corrado G60 or Golf G60 (identical brakes).

> > their Scirocco?  If >so
> > >

> > >    Better yet, has anyone retrofit there rear
> > brakes with Corrado calipers
> > > and rotors??  I'm tired of waiting for my rear
> > calipers to freeze up again.
> >

> > --
> > If you experience other problems, email:
> > scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org
> >

> ===
> Michael Leach
> 87 16v
> Rochester,NY

                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm