Re: Relay getting hot...

In a message dated 6/21/99 7:18:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
williamjosiah@juno.com writes:

> 	The relay getting hot means that the fuel pump is drawing too much
>  power, right? The fuel pump is not getting hot or doing anything odd.
>  It's staying quite cool. Voltage at the pump is... well, as good as it's
>  going to get in my car, around 12 volts.

My relay also runs HOT.  It runs so hot that the case is partially melted,
but it still works.  I've opened it up and cleaned the contacts in an attempt
to minimize the contact resistance, but no change.  I thought that I needed a
new pump because it was drawing so much current, so I bought a new pump, but
no change.  I've concluded that it just runs hot.  Been that way for 21
years.  BTW, I had the factory recall done(in the early 80's) which relocates
the power feed to the relay.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner