Weird start up problem/crazy idel on startup

	Ok I put in a new cat and downpipe like a week ago with a rather new
and working O2 sensor. Yes it works properly the problem is not the sensor.
Now I start up the car and it idles for like a few seconds then it starts to
go crazy and the idle drops to like 200 to 300 rpm almost cutting off, but
pulling back up. This goes on for a few seconds unles I play with the gas to
stop this. When I do this the car makes a weird poping noise. like back
pressure pop or backfire.

	Then after a few seconds it stops and the car idles perfectly.
Oh to top it off it doesn't always do this. Weird.
Well thanks for your time all.
~Danny~
88 16v
P.S. its a 1.9 16 formely a 1.9, with a 11.5: one compression. Running like
this for 2 years and it just started happening. and yes I run only 93 octane.