My car is done: it rules!

Finally finished my car today, it would have been done yesterday but I got
the valve timing all fucked up and I had to leave for work.  It started out
as just a head gasket replacement but turned into something much more.  I
cannot believe how much more power it has.  Here is the stuff I did to it:
Got a non cracked cylinder head from John Van Vuren, and got a valve job/
new valve stem seals/ machined flat, put it an A/C compressor and replaced
the damaged lines and condenser, new TB/tensioner, new drive belts, fuel
injector inserts/O-rings, fuel filter, low temp fan switch/thermostat, new
head gasket, plus any gaskets I had to go through to get to the head gasket,
replaced various nuts and bolts.  Can someone help me out though, The entire
sound of the engine changed.  It sounds like one of those high flow K&N cone
type air filters.  You can hear the air sucking in, thats the only way I can
describe it, it just sounds cool.  Is that normal? my car never used to do
that (I do have a K&N drop in), and as far as I can tell there is no power
loss, like if there was a leak in the intake manifold gaskets or something.
The engine runs as smooth as silk and revs up and takes off like a monster.
I love it, it's faster and sounds 115% cooler.

Thanks

Josh Strait
1988 Scirocco 16v (black)