Fwd: tranny code differences

hey people, i've been on the lookout for a CHE tranny lately, but have
not had much luck (with the exception of 2 offers of at least $700!

	anyways, i was talking to someone and he told me that he had an AMC
code tranny for sale for $500.  the ratios are exactly the same
according to the charts that i've seen, but other than that, i'm not
sure what the differences are.  can someone please tell me if the AMC
tranny will bolt up to my 16V?

	thanks!

jason
=================
my charts also show the ratios to be the same. It will bolt to the block - the big question is does the tranny have rear "3 holes" for mounting, rear "3 studs" (a la Scirocco), or both??????

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer. Apparently, Meeze got a 9A that did not have the studs, while others on the list have 9A trannys with the studs (Brian H.) - so some later trannys have both -  some don't . . .

Ug

the mad bastard

---- End Included Message ----

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Previous Sciroccos: 1975 (2), 1981 S (1), 1980 S (1)