Re: water pump pulley and Potterman

The basic point is to save your water pump & save your wallet from
buying another one of those STUPID freewheeling pulleys for
$100+.   They put that pulley there because the a/c belt (that drives
the inner waterpump pulley) pushes up on the water pump shaft &
the Power-steering belt (that's on the outer waterpump pulley) pulls
down....so when lets say your A/C is on & your turning in a tight
space that water pump gets beat to death from undo stress of up &
down crap of the belts.  The setup that Dan speaks of is factory on
91-92 2.016v Passat's, Jetta's & GTI's.  It's almost the same price
as the other pulley to convert....but.....you only but it ONCE!

There ya go kids ;)

Potterman

> > << not to sound stupid or anything but what is the point?? >>
> >
> > I neeeded to replace my clickety clackety inner pully that resides there.
> > It's bearing was bad or something and I had put up with that noise for 2
> > years.  So when I called Potterman it turned out that he had a better
> idea.
> > I now have the setup he sells which eliminates the freespinning pully and
> > uses 2 of the smaller PS belts & a big AC belt instead of 3 different
> belts.
> >  He also claims that it "should" help the waterpump to last longer.
> Anywho,
> > it was cheaper too as I recall.  HTH
> > Dan May

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman
virtualworld@earthlink.net
http://www.parts4vws.com
(714)663-2434
Check out the GTI-VR6 racing team/One Lap of America
www.menox.com/onelap & www.onelapofamerica.com