16v questions

Hey guys, I'm new to the list but i need some help-- just a couple easy
questions.

1.  I was pulling my airbox today and noticed that there is a large
threaded hole
in the top of the tranny( ~1") right above the clutch. But there is
nothing in the hole.  Is this ok or does it need to have a plug in it?

2.  What is the best way to tell if your motor/trans mounts are bad or
almost bad.  Mine seems to make clunking sounds when downshifting or
sometimes upshifting or going over bumps.

3.  Has anyone designed a way to mount two guages in the space where the
ashtray goes right next to the oil temp guage?  I would like to know how
you did it.

4.  Also how hard is it to change the ilumination light on the right side
of the dash (tach)?

Thanks.

Eric Person
86.5 16v