Re: installing fuel injectors

>How the hell do you put in the fuel injectors all the way???  I bought new
>inserts and O-rings, it seems impossible (even after soaking them in gas) to
>get them in with that big fat ass O-ring!!  It's pissing me off, will
>someone help.  I know their supposed to be hard to get in, but this is
>fucking ridiculous.  I tryed pushing one in with a screwdriver and then a
>3-foot crowbar.
>
>thanks
>
>Josh Strait
>1988 Scirocco 16v (black)

I used a long (broken tip) punch, and a hammer.  The broken tip helps
because it's not focusing all the driving force on such a small point.
I had the punch pushing against the top of the nut that joins the
injector to the line...couldn't see any other way to do this...I'm
sure there's some sort of VAG special tool that makes this job a cinch.
I probably only got them half way in, doesn't seem to hurt the car at all.

==Brett