Re: 16v questions

> 2.  What is the best way to tell if your motor/trans
> mounts are bad or
> almost bad.  Mine seems to make clunking sounds when
> downshifting or
> sometimes upshifting or going over bumps.

I think there is a way. Something do to with you
placing a jack under the oil pan, and jacking up
your car like an inch. Then start it, if the
virbrating
(on the dash stops), it's the mounts.

> 3.  Has anyone designed a way to mount two guages
 in
> the space where the
> ashtray goes right next to the oil temp guage?  I
> would like to know how
> you did it.

Go to http://www.mikehelms.org and go to the Scirocco
section. He speaks about throwing them in.

> 4.  Also how hard is it to change the ilumination
> light on the right side
> of the dash (tach)?

Not that hard. Go to
http://www.freeyellow.com/members2/da-studios/, and
just follow the instructions to take the cluster
out, just don't follow the instructions to far, or
you'll have your gauge faces in front of you! :) Just
take the bulbs out and replace them. Just very
careful,
cluster is an extremely sensative thing. I killed my
old one.

HTH!

===
Paul Maione