Re: More Performance

--- ted groth <tedgroth@webtv.net> wrote:
> Hi I'm new to the list and also just purchased a 86
> Scirocco 8V. I got
> this car very cheap, But it runs good.  It has no fourth
> or fifth gear
> so I'm replacing the transmission,

Whoa!  Did you make sure it wasn't the linkage being
mis-aligned?  That's a much simpler fix than replacing the
entire transmission, and it's a *somewhat* common problem.
It'll act like you can't get it into 4th / 5th gear...

and while the tranny
> is out I'm
> putting in a new clutch. My question is what can I do to
> increase the
> performance? It has a performance exhaust and I will
> shortly be adding a
> header. What else can be done without tearing down the
> engine(to far)?

Ummm...  try a K&N filter first, and a cam shouldn't be too
difficult either.

Welcome to the list!

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry