storage tips needed

I've decided to store my '85 Scirocco over the summer, and most likely
through the winter. I did this once before with an '84 for a period of three
years and was not happy with the results. I'm going to work on it while it
is in storage. Would like some tips on this, in particular, is it a good
idea to put the car on blocks, and if so, where is the best place to put the
blocks without damaging the frame. I've gotten advice from others. I like to
gather as much as I can, then dicide. Thanks in advance.

Jorel Jackson