Re: [Donor Parts] VW Discovers a New Element

I saw one of them at the dealer last weekend. Pretty cool, but there was
NO chance of driving it. You had to have an appointment!

The salesman said that they will be getting 4 (yes folks, count 'em on one
hand) Turbo Beetles in this entire year! Looks like your chances of
finding one crashed are pretty low at the moment...

I only wish they had done more with the body. Other than that little
Corrado-style wing that pops up, there's almost nothing to distinguish it.
I think I'd go for the TT first...

Neal

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, T Berk wrote:

> Just saw a commercial for a 'Newly Discovered Element' while trying to
> install a fax/printer on Mom's computer. Because the rest of the room
> didn't care to keep quiet I didn't hear it all, just watched the pretty
> pictures. Green New Beetle. nice. whatever.
>
> All at the end I saw the kicker-
>
> Turbo Beetle.
>
> 1st thing I said as I saw that pop on the screen was-
>
> Now, all we need is one to crash and it's ON!   New Engine, Baby!
>
> Every head turned in horror and disgust as I explained that insurance
> would pay off the unfortunate driver and my Scirocco would be snorting
> with a 1.8t. Ahem.
>
> Only the list would understand.
>
> TBerk

			Neal Tovsen