Re: Sciroccos in London

From: Andrew Holmes <aholmes@chubb.com>
>To: Jorel Jackson <kondor77@hotmail.com>
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Sciroccos in London
>Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 10:02:27 +0100
>
>Hi - I live in London and i would suggest that it would be highly unlikely
>to be
>anyone on the list because there are so many on the road over here.
>The road where i live is perhaps 100 yards long with maybe 10 houses per
>side
>and there are 3 Sciroccos (including mine) living here. My girlfriends road
>has
>2 and everytime i go out i will see at least two driving around.
>They are quite common around my way especially Mk2's but next time your
>over by
>all means look us up. That applies to any of you who happen to be in town.
>All
>Scirocco owners welcome
>
>Andy
>91 Scala

I might take you up on that Andrew. My impression was that MK2s were indeed
more likely to be seen in London than where I live. I only saw three while I
was there and an equal number of Corrados. This impression may not be
accurate because I spent so much time in the underground minding the gap and
all that. I was on a double decker briefly, but that got held up because
some "wanker" had the wrong kind of pass and both he and the bus driver
refused to move. So the bus got held up for 45 minutes. Interesting how
people swear in London! By the end of the week I was starting to talk like
that, especially since customs always gave me such a hard time. I must look
like an Sein Fein terrorist or somthing. To be sure, it didn't help much
when I didn't correctly understand where the security type told me where to
go. Excellant response time, however.

Would your Scirocco happen to be grey, and do you drive near King's Cross?

Jorel Jackson
'85 Scirocco