It's all about timing

well I finally got around to correctly adjust my timing. When i bought the
car the timing was set at 20 degrees! I put it to 6(stock) but it ran like
dog poop.  so i put it to `5 and it ran fine until a few days ago when it
started pinging and the rev limiter would kick in at about 6000. I knew that
I should be able to pull hard through redline with the schricks. So
yesterday I adjusted it to 8 degrees on the advice of my local scirocco guru
and I must say that my car is feeling schweet!  pulls hard to redline and
acclerates better than ever. I raced and beat my friends corrado slc with
filter and chip by at least 2 cars lengths and I kept pulling on him.  just
thought I'd share.

Rich Deede
1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v
1987 Scirocco 16v- R.I.P.