RE: Almost Made It 2 Weeks!

Your problem really sounds like a collection of smaller problems.

I sill think your battery wires are not in good shape.  You should see better than 12 volts any time your motor is running.  If you have some crazy wacko stereo or big mamma lights and stuff then maybe you would see less than 12.  Your car came with lots of Bosch parts.  They are like AC Delco to GM or Motorcraft to Ford.

What you should buy (borrow) is a test light.  You can make sure your car thinks it's on when the key is on.  This way you could diagnose your ignition switch AKA Starter switch AKA Key.

Clamp one wire from the light on the battery negative side (-) and touch the other to the coil.  Your coil is about the size of a soda can, and is near the windshield but still under the hood.  There are two little terminals and one big one.  The little ones will most likely have a bunch of little wires sprouting off em.  One of those is marked 1 and the other 15 .  Your light should light when you touch it between the 15 and the minus side of your battery while the key is in the "run" position. And go out while in the off.  If you can get your machine to run while holding the key, try wiggling the key in the "run" position while your light is connected.  If it blinks, your switch is NFG.

Make extra sure your battery wires are all really really tight.  Just touching wont due.  And clean too.  If you want to try an easy fix, pour Coka-cola on the terminals.  It does wonders, for a few days.