Re: Who has the Golf 3 engine in their MK1?

VWN8@aol.com wrote:

> I can remember who did the 2L crossflow into a MK1 swap. Can any one refresh
> my memory or give me his E-mail adress. I just got a hold of a really sweet
> 1998 2.0L with 450mi on it and I wanted to ask him what engine management
> he's running.
> TIA
>
> Nate

His name is John Ryland, for information on his swap you can take a look at my
page ...
http://scirocco.psycode.com/

he's running the OBDI Bosch Motronic system.

your 1998 comes with the OBDII system, the main differences are that you have 2
oxygen sensors, 2 knock sensors and a different throttle body. The differences
in the throttle body will make it difficult to clear the hood, you will have to
fabricate some kind of intermediate pipe to lower the throttle body.

if you use the crossflow head you have to switch to Motronic or an after-market
system, the CIS won't work.

if you have any more questions, let me know... (i'm doing the same swap, but
into an MKII)

..and if you have any pictures i'd really like to see them!

Nigel Heron
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco
http://scirocco.psycode.com/