Re: Scirocco.org

At 01:43 PM 6/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 02:04 PM 6/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>
>>Well this Ed guy posted a rather snotty remark, knocking Virtual
>>World...so here is my thoughts....I think we should NOT allow commercial
>>postings on the classified section, I think it should be for private
>>sellers only...what do you folks think?
>
>Eric, I posted a humorous(I thought so anyhow) reply to Ed. But in general,
>I'd have to say that I'm not against companies posting ads like this, as
>long as its reasonably sized. The company may have something we rocco
>owners might be looking for but haven't found a source for yet. If you
>wanted to split the posting between commercial and private owners, that
>would make sense. But I want to see companies that may have some specific
>parts for our cars, like Ed appears to have. Even if it is just parts for a
>Mk1 ;)
>
>Brad

This is true,  but I dont see how either the Potterman or Mark would
not have any of the neet things we would want, and if 1 retail outfit
starts to post, then someone else will, and its there for scirocco
entuhsiasts not for retail.  And just for the record, parts4vws is
a sponsor because they helped pay for the domain etc. and they made
us all those cool stickers for FREE, and countless other list specials
and overall great service.

I would still go with no commercial posts, but lets take a list vote
or something,  who would like commercial posts, and who would not?

Etrik