Re: Exhaust downpipe repair.

> This is for those who have gotten the repair part to fix the 16v downpipe
> from tt tuning, or whoever else might know.
>
> I am planning on getting this part but was wondering where to get this
done.
> I talked to my mech. and he said he could not do it because it is
stainless
> steel and he does not have a tig welder thing.
>
> Where have you had this done.  Can a muffler place like midas do this or
do I
> have to find a special welder shop.
>
> Thanks Brian  86 16v
    Midas is where I had mine done. They charged $70 labor, would have been
more if they'd had any idea how much work was involved. It does require a
TIG welder. In retrospect and considering cost, I kind of wish I'd gone
ahead and gotten the entire TT setup. Could have gotten it for $315 @ that
time, only $95 more. Good luck.
    Gerry