Re: Exhaust downpipe repair.

I've done it with a late model downpipe that I chopped off and splice welded in.
Did it with a Miller wire welder last year, and it has worked fine.  I have 2
more of these almost new (VWoA test mule) downpipes for sale if you're interested
for $80, unless you'd feel better paying $150 to TT...after all they DO throw in
the gasket. ;-)

jim