Re: Now I need a fuel pump and a good deal.

<RANT> New Bosch fuel pumps cost $130 - $180. That's just how much they
cost. I've never seen 'em for cheaper, and I like to get things cheap. I
HATE these fuel pumps. I think they SUCK. I bought  a brand new one and
it died in six months due to a bearing that died (I took it apart and it
looked like it was actually made wrong. The bearing crashed into the
housing. When I loosened it and then tightened it again, it worked fine -
the bearing wasn't actually frozen, it was just misaligned. I took apart
another fuel pump and it wasn't like that. As far as I can figure, it was
a manufacturing defect). However, since I didn't buy it brandy new (I
bought it from a dude who carried it around in case his ever died - he'd
never even taken it out of the box), I don't get a new one. I've put six
fuel pumps in that car. One never worked at all (AutoZone pump), another
one also didn't work at all (another AutoZone pump), another one worked
for awhile and then died (the pump that Blackstone (the dudes that make
the AutoZone pump) sent me when I bitched to them forever about how their
pumps only put out 60psi when VW fuel systems need 80), and two more died
of clogged fuel filter (I'm a moron). Then there was that one that died
due to a manufacturing defect, as far as I can figure. AHH. Well, I have
another used one coming from Brian Honnold and hopefully it will last me
a good long time, because I don't have another $150 for a new
pump.</RANT>
	-Josiah