Re: 2.0 16V vs 8V pistons

In a message dated 7/31/99 1:13:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
scirocco@psycode.com writes:

<< are you sure? 'cause i know for sure that an 8v head fits on a 1.8 16v
block
 (PL) ... it's the setup my friend use to have in his rocco.

 -nigel. >>

I thought the oil galley was HUGE on the 16V block and smaller on the 8V.
Wait a min, I've got both blocks sitting in my garage RIGHT NOW.  I only woke
up this early to check weather at the beach to go surfing... but I'll check.
Hold on!..........OK i'm back.  I was wrong.  I mated up my 2.0L 16V head
gasket to a 1.8liter JH block.  The oil galley was the same size.  The
difference I saw was the two holes on each outermost side of cylinder's 1 and
4 did not match up correctly.  I'd say they're off by like 2mm.  Doesn't look
like that much of a difference to me.  Anywho, glad I could help!!!  :-)
P.S.-Anybody want a JH block? $100 no ship but will consider delivery in NC.
I've got a good head for it too! Its been beheaded for about 3 years so I'd
suggest a hone & new bearings while ur in there.  Cylinder walls are great
with minimal ridge.
Dan May
8716VScirocco
95Pathfinder