I did get screwed...@#&%!!!!!

Just got a call from the dealership....I've got a $660 woody up my ass right
now.  This totally pisses me off.  Turns out that the water pump I bought at
Pep Boys in Bay City, Michigan is the wrong one.  The damn pulley i.d. is
too small for the pump they gave me.  Of course the mechanic didn't see this
until they had the whole damn thing back together again.  Now it has to come
all back apart to put the right pump back in.  I'm totally irked at both Pep
Boys and Thelen Volkswagen.  In my opinion they both screwed up.  The parts
place gave me the wrong part and the stupid mechanic should have checked
that pulley before he did the work. So now, its costing me another $280 to
have them tear all the crap apart and put the right part in.  I learned
something though....always do your own work.  The total for parts on this
project would have been about $50, now its going to cost  me $660.  I'm
never going to go to Thelen Vokswagen or Pep Boys again....

Chris M.
81 "GTI"
82 Scirocco