RE: SCIROCCO: How many made?

--- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@midmaine.com> wrote:

> >Scirocco 1 - 506,127
> >Scirocco 2 - 291,479
> >
> >Total - 797,606
> >
> Just curious as to where you got the numbers.  In VW
> Power & Style it
> says504,100 and as of (just noticed this) 9/89
> 272,000.  Of course this
> isn't a factory book so it may not be accurate.  It
> would be nice to here
> what VW says since there are  different numbers
> floating around.
====================
These figures are from the seemingly well researched and extensive book
(in German)"VW SCIROCCO - Typ 1 und Typ 2" by Walter Wolf. These
figures are in agreement with the "VW Golf and derivates" book by John
Blundsen (this book has a special bent towards the UK market - it even
features sales my year for Scirocco 2 in the UK - 48,754 total for
1982-1991)

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM