Re: Great Waterfest!

> -I now have a new superhero dynamic duo to look up to:
> Burnt Kid and
> Botch Boy.  I'll let you guys figure out whom I'm talking
> about...

ROTFL!!!!!!

You really need to go to Toronto this year Brett, since
they'll be there and all...   hehehe

> -It's also true that on the way out of the show, we kinda
> got too
> close to one policeman/cruiser partially blocking the
> road, and
> had to stand on the brakes rather big to avoid the second
> one
> blocking the road a little further down...the one where
> at least
> Ben and Jason got a bit out of shape... screeching tires
> & all :)

At least I didn't see you guys go sideways like Jay and Ben
did. :)

> -I'm still really suprised at taking 1st in Scirocco
> Modified,

Oh come now...  you had the cleanest Scirocco in the show -
period.  Very nice job!

> -I'd like to publicly thank Mike Potter for some of the
> free stuff
> he brought (shirts, stickers, hats...)

I forgot to grab my shirt, but since I'm ordering stuff
from him this week maybe he'll throw something in. :)

 Maybe we'll have to return the
> favor by
> attending the ND show some year, eh?

YEAH!!!!

The A1/A2/B cars
> are mostly
> very clean, about performance and looks at the same
> time...maybe it's
> just my impression/opinion...would welcome other peoples
> views.

That's my impression as well...  I didn't even go looking
through the A3 stuff.  Blech!

> -More Sciroccos are needed to show up!!  We've got the
> best cars VW
> ever made, let's show everyone how much we like them!  :)
> I think
> there were only 13 Mk2's and 2 Mk1's.

I'd really like to have mine there next time...  lookout
Brett! ;)

I also must say that I had a great time this weekend, it
was very nice to meet more list members as well as see some
familiar faces.  Several of you were talking about Cincy
next year...   I figure after the first of the year we can
all decide what date works best.  Sometime in May I'd guess
- so everyone be thinking about it!

Also public thanks to Ben Harder, who was my ride to the
show this year.  He even let me drive some of the way to /
from.  (Well, 10 hours *is* a long time to be behind the
wheel)  Also thanks to Jason Cammisa for sharing the room,
putting us up at his place on the way up etc.  (I haven't
checked out the video of you "dancing" to Velvet Pants on
the Jersey Turnpike...  but Ben said it was hilarious!)

I'm sure there's more to say, but I need to look like I'm
actually WORKING today.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry