RE: Re: Need your advise here!

You might be OK, you might not.  The problem could be your clutch cable.
It could have stretched to the point where it is not moving enough to
disengage the clutch.

Check it. Try to lift up the clutch lever on the tranny, If you can lift
it up more than ~5mm then it needs to be adjusted. You have a 16v right?
I think they usually came with self-adjusting cables. They have a big
ol' rubber thing covering where they join up to the tranny. You can't
adjust these, so if it's worn out, it needs to be replaced.  If the
clutch cable has some nuts that you can see where it joins the tranny,
then it is manually adjustable, and you can try to adjust it.

If your clutch cable is not stretched, then I'd say your pressure plate
is jammed. I had a spring break on a clutch plate and one of the little
coils lodged itself behind the pressure plate, preventing the clutch
from disengaging.

You are right, it does not sound like your clutch is worn out, but if you
are going to drop the tranny, then you might as well get everything in
there replaced so you don't have to do it again. Included in the clutch
kit is the clutch plate, pressure plate, thrust plate, retaining ring,
install tool, and i think some tranny seals. everything you need.

feel free to ask any other questions

HTH,

Jonas
85 Scirocco