Re: Need your advise here!

At 05:27 PM 7/26/99 -0400, Joel Leclerc wrote:
>To give more info on it, well it looks sometime exactly like if the
>clutch does not move out from it's place, I mean sometime I push the
>clutch to remove from gear and it's feel like I did not push the
>clutch when I shift to another gear, it's more often when I'm
>in the reverse gear, like the sound when your in reverse don't
>stop even if I did push the clutch but stop when I remove shifter
>from the reverse gear to go in neutral!
>The reverse does that since long time ago, but now it happen
>in other gear, and it's getting bad. Sometime it's like if I did not
>push the clutch before I shift a gear in, like in 2nd I have to pull
>very hard on the shifter so it goes in the gear, and makes that
>terrible noise :(

Your cable could do this if it's really stretched.  Or it could be
something like the throwout bearing, shaft or clutch release plate.  These
are what I would check, but I am not an expert.

>But I don't feel the clutch disk is worn out! I'm normally not hard
>on clutch disk.

Even if you aren't hard on it, it's bound to go eventually.  When they go
gradually they start slipping.  Can you feel it slip?  Try going up a hill
in a high gear and give it some gas.  Do the RPM jump or do they move with
the speedometer?  If it jumps there is slippage- but a mis adjusted clutch
cable can do this.

>So what could be the problem? I had the price for changing the
>clutch. Clutch kit (250$ US, original from the dealer) and
>250$ for labour. What include a clutch kit?

First of all the dealer is a rip off(especially at that price).  A clutch
kit should have a clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and clutch
release plate.  You really should replace the bolts too.