RE: Clutch cable replacement.

>I presume when you say the clutch squeaks, you mean that you get a squeak
>from the pedal/cable and not the clutch itself.

I'm not sure, it's not from the pedal though. There's sometimes also a kind
of whirring noise when engaging. sounds funny but a bit like a "chirrup"
from a cat!

>You then just wind out the adjuster until there is about
>1/4 - 1/2 inch easy movement in the clutch lever when you lift the cable.
>Under _NO_ circumstances should be the cable be tightened much beyond this
>point as you'll wear-out the clutch release.

I'm not totally clear what you mean here. Is the 1/4 - 1/2 easy movement
free play with the pedal before the clutch starts to bite? or is it easy
movement in the release lever at the gearbox end?

Doeasn't sound too tricky though - thanks a lot.

BTW, are any UK list people going to TRAX'99 or the other events listed in
the Club Scirocco bulletin

SPat '87 8V Scala