From: PR Brundell [mailto:prb@psychology.nottingham.ac.uk]
Sent: 26 July 1999 11:32
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Clutch cable replacement.

I'd like this info too please!

I had some problems a few weeks ago with the clutch changing it's biting
point when I'd driven around town for a long time, but rerouted the cable
under my airbox and it seemed to be cured. It's back, I popped the bonnet
while it was doing this and the cable was red-hot. It was literally melting
the HT leads. The cluch was sqeaking as well when depressing the pedal
(doesn't normally do this). I hope this means the cable is out of oil/worn
and friction is heating it up? Any info on changing it though would be
good, Haynes is pretty useless.

TIA, Spat '87 8V Scala