Re: '84 GTI cold running problem

> When I first start my '84 GTI, it runs roughly, almost like it's on 3
> cylinders, for about 45 seconds, and then abruptly runs fine. Sometimes

I have exactly the same problem with my '84 GTX ( injection) :
it starts immediately and with no problems but then
it runs roughly on three cylinders the first few seconds.
then it runs really fine on all cylinders with good performance.

I checked ignition-wires and plugs but found nothing so far.

as I'm not too familar with the woes of an injection
( drove carburated cars  all my life so far )
maybe somebody has a hint for us ....

Greetings
Dirk