Re: Exhaust

 Actually it
>won't be cat-back because I'm not going to install a cat (yes, this is
>legal in my state)
Same here.  Well maybe it's illegal but they check for them and of course
no emissions testing.

>I have two questions. One:
>The header that I'm going to be putting in is designed to work with a
>cat. Is there any exhaust sytem out there that would work with this
>header without a cat, or should I just take a normal cat-back exhaust,
>chop a piece out of the part right behind the cat and put in a piece of
>straightpipe to make up the difference?

Someone, maybe Potterman would know, sells cat test pipes(for off road use
only, haha yeah right!) to put in place of the cat.  There must be
something to them, because the in the pics I've seen they were of a larger
diameter than the rest of the exhaust.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)