Fuel injection problems

Hi.

I am a first time scirocco owner - I found a '78 that had been gathering dust
for ten years, and towed it home for free (only 69,000 original miles, lots
of "new" parts (well, new in '86 but not used since 87), so rust isn't too
bad on it.

It ran fine for about fifty miles after I put a new fuel pump in it, but then
I ran into some more fuel problems.  Upon the advise of a mechanic, I
replaced the fuel distributor(used) and the injectors, and it ran like a
champ again.  However, the old problem came back, and now she doesn't even
start.  I tried fooling around with the fuel distributor and eventually went
to buy a new one - but I have made a messy jumble of my fuel lines.  Could
anyone do me a favor and open up their hoods and tell me what order the
stupid lines are supposed to go in?  Also - any suggestions about what to do
concerning my reoccuring problem?  I have replaced the fuel lines after the
filter, and am considering dropping the tank.  Also - is the car worth it?

Thanks,

Melzar Coulter
'78 Scirocco